10 interesting facts about your hair
You think you know everything about your hair? Here are 10 interesting and surprising facts you didn’t know.
1. When wet, a healthy strand of hair can stretch an additional 30% of its original length.
2. Hair grows slightly faster in warm weather, because heat stimulates circulation and encourages hair growth.
3. Black is the most common hair color. Red is the rarest and only exists in about 1 percent of the world’s population, with blonde hair found in 2 percent.
4. The average number of hair strands varies by natural color, with blondes having the most and redheads having the fewest.
5. Aside from bone marrow, hair is the fastest growing tissue in the body.
6. A single hair has a lifespan of about five years.
7. Hair contains information on what has been through your blood stream, including minerals and drugs and is one of the most commonly used types of forensic evidence.
8. Gender is one thing that cannot be identified by a hair strand.
9. Each strand of hair can support up to 100 grams in weight. Multiply that by the average 100,000 to 150,000 strands on each head, and your entire head of hair could support the weight equivalent to two elephants.
10. One hour and 53 minutes is the average weekly time girls spend washing, blow-drying and styling their hair. By the age of 65, they will have spent more than seven month of their lives on their hair.
Sources: https://www.dailyinfographic.com/ and https://dailymakeover.com/