Everything you need to know about Milk Proteins
How much do you know about milk proteins? We all know that milk is good for your bones, but did you also know it does wonders for your skin, nails, and hair as well? This has a lot to do with the wide range of vitamins and minerals present in this natural diet staple. However, a big contributor to how those vitamins are delivered has a lot to do with milk’s other super ingredient, protein.
Simple, natural ingredients are the building blocks of every milk_shake product. Early on, we discovered the unique benefits of this seemingly ordinary ingredient and put it to work in our product formulations. The results have been so overwhelmingly positive, that today we feature milk proteins in nearly all of our products. From styling potions to hair color, we put the natural superpower of protein to work for your hair’s health every step of the way.
What are Milk Proteins?
There are actually two different types of protein found in milk products: caseins and whey proteins. Caseins are a larger protein structure that also include calcium as part of their chemical makeup. Caseins typically make up about 80% of the milk protein compound. The other 20% comes from whey proteins.
These two components have complimentary structures and combine to deliver high doses of protein along with complete amino acids. This helps milk proteins bind to the cellular structure of your hair, in order to infuse it with healthy benefits. The amino acid complex found in milk_shake products are derived from wheat and soy.
What are the Benefits?
When it comes to beneficial hair ingredients, protein wins hands down. This super nutrient pulls double duty by internally strengthening the hair shaft and providing a protective cover. Your hair shaft is actually made up of tiny shingle like structures that when lifted, release moisture from the hair and promote frizz.
Proteins fill in the “gaps” along the hair shaft, allowing it to lay flat, giving your hair a smoother appearance. The protective cover helps to prevent the shingles from lifting again, keeping moisture in your hair where it belongs.
When milk proteins are infused into your hair, you will notice more shine, manageability, and softness, along with an increase in body.
Which Products Have them?
We believe so strongly in the power of milk proteins, that they are a foundational ingredient in nearly all milk_shake products. From our Moisture Plus shampoo all the way to our Blow-dry primer, you’ll find this hair superfood included just about everywhere. Because this ingredient has proven its effectiveness time and time again, it is an integral part of our formulation.
We believe that health is the cornerstone of beautiful hair, which is why all of our products are crafted with your hair’s health in mind.